Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal arg!!!!!

I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to, and have tracking proof that it was delivered to that address and accepted by the post office. All this info was submitted to paypal weeks ago and they still have a lock on my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    I have spam from September that hasn't been deleted of yet.

When anyone wants you to do something outside the norm, you should take extra care.

Mailing something to an address different than the person who is 'buying' the item is the first red flag.

jtk
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to
    He was in Canada and had you mail to a U.S. address. To me that is a bit of a flag.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It is very common for Canadians near the border to have purchases from the USA shipped to a USA address. It avoids the brokerage fees charged by UPS and Fedex for shipping from the USA to Canada. A fairly high percentage of Canadians live within driving distance of the border. Some retailers require those with Canadian addresses to order from their Canadian website which often has higher prices than their USA website.

He has a PO Box registered in his name at a Post office just across the US boarder His name and address were on the box nobody else
    He was in Canada and had you mail to a U.S. address. To me that is a bit of a flag.

jtk
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A coworker found out her sister has an inoperable brain aneurysm (or whatever), life expectancy 5 months. I am very sorry you have to go through this hassle at Christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    you said if it just shipped it takes so long If you read my post you would have seen it shipped and was delivered in Sept.
    My post was in reference to Gerry's wife shipping to Canada.

Read the quoted part above my reply to Gerry.

Anywho, the first part of my post refers to your PayPal issue, the second to Gerry's expensive shipping costs...

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Could be the seat is still there at the ND post office? It's not going to fit in a normal PO Box and might have been placed aside. Who knows what happens when you have a boxed seat to kick around.

He has a PO Box registered in his name at a Post office just across the US boarder His name and address were on the box nobody else
    It sounds like it was not a confirmed paypal address but one he sent you privately by email ?

Not a good sign.

Good luck with your disputing this claim with Paypal..

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Well I guess its all pretty irrelevant except I no longer can use paypal. The seat was delivered to the address he supplied in his name and the tracking proves that. He's never going to cheat me out of the money. I have the money he has the seat as far as I'm concerned.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A lot of us Canadians use those parcel services - and there are only a few in North Dakota.

All the ones I've used are run by stand-up people, in my experience. Call them up and they'll likely back up your story to Paypal.

Was it in Pembina, or Neche?

It was the Post Office in Pembina,, All paypal has to do is type in the tracking number and they can see when , where and to who it was delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jordan View Post
    A lot of us Canadians use those parcel services - and there are only a few in North Dakota.

All the ones I've used are run by stand-up people, in my experience. Call them up and they'll likely back up your story to Paypal.

Was it in Pembina, or Neche?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

No way to prove the package was picked up?

Besides shipping to a PO is generally not advisable, sounds to me like the dispute is with the post office.
    The USPS tracking is pretty useless.

I think they hold boxes for a time and then who knows where they go.

I did mail it to the person who bought it, and mailed it to the address he told me to mail it to, and have tracking proof that it was delivered to that address and accepted by the post office. All this info was submitted to paypal weeks ago and they still have a lock on my account.
    in order to have "seller protection" with paypal - you have to ship to the mailing address that Paypal has confirmed. Generally, it is the mailing address associated with the credit card on the Paypal account, though you can get other addresses confirmed.

jtk
    I've shipped many things to Canadians that have dual addresses. Taxes & duties are very high in Canada, so if they live near the border, they have a PO box on the US side and bring their own stuff across.

Well I guess its all pretty irrelevant except I no longer can use paypal. The seat was delivered to the address he supplied in his name and the tracking proves that. He's never going to cheat me out of the money. I have the money he has the seat as far as I'm concerned.
    So you got your money out of Paypal before they locked the account?

I don't have to prove it was picked up just delivered to where he said to send it'
    Where else would you ship something if the have a post office box as an address?
    USPS tracking is very reliable they scan it at every place it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    No way to prove the package was picked up?

Besides shipping to a PO is generally not advisable, sounds to me like the dispute is with the post office.
    The USPS tracking is pretty useless.

I think they hold boxes for a time and then who knows where they go.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I never keep any money in a pay pal account why would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    in order to have "seller protection" with paypal - you have to ship to the mailing address that Paypal has confirmed. Generally, it is the mailing address associated with the credit card on the Paypal account, though you can get other addresses confirmed.

I've shipped many things to Canadians that have dual addresses. Taxes & duties are very high in Canada, so if they live near the border, they have a PO box on the US side and bring their own stuff across.

So you got your money out of Paypal before they locked the account?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander