Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is Incra router plate good stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Time to make a wrench out of wood, eh?! LOL
    Ahh, that could be the next Woodpecker's One Time Tool!!!

Mark, assuming you have a vacuum under the router plate (), it serves as extra area to suck in chips so the exact opposite will happen.
    No. Safer to assume I have a vacuum above the plate, like everyone USED to do it, but rarely use it since I mostly do edge work on the table and chips come off sideways at such velocity the overhead/behind hood doesn't catch much.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 03-10-2016 at 4:07 PM.

I love Incra's products. I have many of their items adorning my shop.
    I love INCRA products, too. Especially the I-BOX!

Time to make a wrench out of wood, eh?! LOL
    You don't need a wooden one. Just need to get one made from titanium�� No worries bout the magnet grabbing it.

Clint

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burnette View Post
    No. Safer to assume I have a vacuum above the plate, like everyone USED to do it, but rarely use it since I mostly do edge work on the table and chips come off sideways at such velocity the overhead/behind hood doesn't catch much.
    It sounds like you are edge routing without a fence, yes? With a fence port the cut is basically surrounded on edge profile cuts and very little spoil escapes. Adequate dust collection under the plate and adequate clearance around the bit handle the bulk of the collection work.

I have the original Woodpecker PRL and so have no slotted throat plates for captured cuts ;-( I use an insert that is as close to the bit size as possible but, still allows enough airflow past the bit for chip collection.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I'll have to consider sucking dust down through the plate. I've been using my Woodsmith-plan cabinet for 20 years and it looks like it'd be a simple thing to seal the airflow slots and convert one to a vac port.

I always considered a router table to be patterned after a shaper. Have shapers also gone over to this downdraft approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post
    I love INCRA products, too. Especially the I-BOX!
    Alan, I picked one up many moons ago but finally got around to using it a couple weekend ago. Pretty cool and easy to use once I got the hang of it. Nice job on the design and I look forward to using it some more!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.