Thread: Dresser Gloat

Dresser Gloat

So I just finished the dresser for my unborn son who is due today, don't think he's coming but will soon. I hope this dresser lasts him a lifetime! It's a little grown up for him now but he will grow into it.
    IMG_0444.jpgIMG_0445.jpgIMG_0443.jpg

Nice work! Good choice on dovetails as children are "hard" on furniture. Also liked the designed of the drawer pulls. I hope you signed and dated it so someday he can tell his children/grandchildren "My Dad made this for me before I was born."

Great job Dad! :-)

Very nice work! That's something he can keep as an heirloom. It's classy and rugged both. Of course if you have more children you will be making something for each you know.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Very nice. I like the grain flow on the drawer fronts.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

That's a good looking piece, Steve. What a great birthday present for him!

As stated previously, that is an instant family heirloom and as recommended sign it for later recognition!

Nicely done sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I most definitely did sign it and buried a 2016 penny inside next to my signature before I sprayed the who thing with lacquer. I also added a anti-tip cable that I will mount to a stud behind it so he doesn't tip it over, it weighs probably 300 lbs! If he's anything like me he will use the drawers as a ladder to climb on top, I don't want him killing himself. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, it's been an adventure!

Beautiful work, Steve!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Great work, that is a lucky little one! Hope everything goes well with his arrival. That is fresh on my mind, cause we have a 3 week old little girl...
    Profanity is the futile effort of a feeble mind, to exert itself forcefully.

Congrats, nice finish to the project, hopefully he will enjoy it for many years. I still have the shaker 5 drawer dresser my great grandparents gave my grandfather when he was born in 1904...I hope your dresser lasts just as long.

Congrats to both the designer and the manufacturer! ...Not the dresser. The SON! Hope Mom and the little chiseler are well. (Is he here yet? Let hear the specs.)

Oh yeah, ...nice dresser too! Two things to take great pride in.

Inset flush drawers are always a hallmark of a good craftsman. Real PITA to align, but worth it. Nice.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.