Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corel help

Corel help

Hi all,

I need to create a second outline of the temple shape shown below (file attached) so that it is bigger than the original but is still the same shape so that one fits inside the other - like I have done with the box to the side of it.

temple 1.JPG

Is this possible given the shape? I have spent ages trying to get it done but with no sucess.

Any help much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

In Illustrator you can do that very easily using the Offset Path tool. In Corel which I am not familiar with at all I believe it is called the Interactive Contour Tool? Give that a go.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

The contour tool will allow you to do that either inside or outside the line.

temple.cdr
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm certainly not an expert and have not tried it on the above, but I know from past experience that when I tried to use the contour tool to accomplish what Jiten is trying, it did not work. Some of the curves will get "deformed". If it were me, I would try making a copy of the original and then changing the size of the copy. Then center one on the other. Just my 2 cents
    Live Oak Forge
    40W Epilog Mini 18
    Shopbot 32"x24"x6" PRT
    Shopbot 48"x48"x6" PRS
    Next Engine Scanner
    Artcam
    CorelDRAW X5
    Multiple and various other implements of destruction

in corel if you ctr D it will make a copy then just make it bigger or smaller what ever you want easy pizzy
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Sorry guys, but an enlarged copy will not work for this job. The contour tool is the answer.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

yep contour tools works except the little moon on top of the steeple doesn't come out but your right the copy won't work my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Sorry guys, but an enlarged copy will not work for this job. The contour tool is the answer.
    contour.jpg
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 04-22-2016 at 1:16 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    yep contour tools works except the little moon on top of the steeple doesn't come out but your right the copy won't work my bad.

contour.jpg
    Bert,

That depends on how tight you assign contour offset.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

True but if you narrow it down to get the moon its very distorted suppose it depend on how defined the OP needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Bert,

That depends on how tight you assign contour offset.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thanks, Mike. This thread intrigues me. I'll have to play with the graphic some when I get home. I do know that while I have had great success with the contour tool for some things, depending on how much of an off set I needed, it would severely distort the shape. Looks like I need to play with it some more!
    Live Oak Forge
    40W Epilog Mini 18
    Shopbot 32"x24"x6" PRT
    Shopbot 48"x48"x6" PRS
    Next Engine Scanner
    Artcam
    CorelDRAW X5
    Multiple and various other implements of destruction

Just a thought: enlarge the image to the size you want the outer contour to be (likely a different enlargement in X and Y) and then contour inside where the distortions won't be as critical.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thanks for the replies. I tried the contour tool as Jit suggested but, as Bert says, the moon doesn't come out well.

The design is required for a stencil and the only way I could think of making it a stencil was to try to make a bigger out line shape and then use the erase tool to cut both outlines so that it enables e stencil to stay (not sure if that makes sense).

I will have another go tomorrow
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

doing an outside contour with very tight lines it comes out ok how much room do you need?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Probably about 2mm but would meet to test the stencil once cut to make sure it works ok with the ink.
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

Graham,

If you are making stencil see attached file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software