Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Problems

Why do you say its my ISP, netflix, hula and all my other video sources work perfectly but prime video is all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?
    Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    every time they miss the 2 day window complain they will credit your acct with free time for prime. the video problem is on your end talk with your isp
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I've been a Prime member for a number of years and always had good results. Packages get to me in two days.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I contacted them 3 times about the crappy video and all they did was tell me they were aware of the problem and working on it. They didn't even say sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    I too love the Prime but do have the occasional issue. Every time an item arrives past the prime 2 day delivery, I email them and they extend my membership by another month without charge. I encourage each of you to do the same.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.

Steve
    That's my guess as well.

I was a very happy Prime customer when it was $79 a year and let it lapse when it went to $99. I'm reconsidering that decision. A lot of what I buy isn't available locally. And I'm getting tired of padding my orders to reach the $49 threshold for free shipping. OTOH with the padding model, you do end up with some interesting stuff.

"What was I thinking when I added this?"

My original thinking has shifted from "Will I spend over a hundred dollars on shipping?" ...to... "Will I pad my orders with over a hundred dollars of crap?".

Amazon is so evil. They have me completely figured out.

But then so does my wife. And I love her completely.

So I guess I love Amazon too.

I'm too easy.

Blog Entries
    It does seem like they're picking on you. there must be some regional contributing factor we haven't identified yet. I get my stuff the next day a lot of times and my Fire Stick has been trouble free.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Between my wife and myself, we place about 100 orders/year, and I can recall I think 2 deliveries that were late in the last year. One of them I had paid for next day, and was refunded the shipping charges. We don't watch a lot of movies, but have never had a problem when we have, and the Amazon App on our TV is really nice.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Just got Prime, but prior to getting it they would sit on the order for a while before shipping, need to order some glow plugs so will see what happens.

Two day shipping usually translates to three or four days around here, especially around holidays, but their delivery estimate is usually spot on, and the couple of times I was counting on a delivery that ended up being late they've actually credited me the cost of the item. I don't gamble anymore, though; if I really need something by a date certain I pay for expedited shipping or buy it locally.

I'm not sure how the OP is accessing Prime Video, and I'm no expert because I don't use it often, but it streams perfectly with Roku or AppleTV on Comcast. I'd suggest checking preferences in case some strange box got checked or something.

I get little benefit from Prime shipping since I don't buy much from on line sources, however, the streaming video does offer some value and between the infrequent shipping and the prime video I feel I'm getting commensurate value. The shipping I have experienced has always been on-time and often early.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.
    Exactly. If it's not marked Prime, it isn't guaranteed to arrive in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Why should it make any difference at all? its prime and they say 2 day delivery
    The only things that qualify for Prime 2-day shipping are those things that are specifically marked Prime on the site. It isn't everything.

I've had zero issues with Amazon Prime...we've been members for years. That said, two-day delivery is not guaranteed, and depending on where you live vs where the shipping point is affects it. Also, there are many things on Amazon that are not actually shipped by Amazon, even when covered under Prime. You are at the mercy of the actual seller in that case.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We've had years of great service from Amazon Prime. About a year ago, I signed in for Amazon Smile. No charge on my end and still Prime shipping. They donate a small percentage of every purchase to my Grandson's school.
    I can think of maybe 3 -5 items over several years that were beyond the 2 day delivery window. We probably receive 10-12 packages a month from them..... some subscribe and save items.
    It's a good deal in our opinion.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Well Bert, I guess its you. You are sort of like that Peanuts character that always has a cloud over his head. There is no other explanation.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The only time I've had a delay with Amazon is when they use the postal service to complete delivery. Never thought to complain about it. On the other hand, I got same day delivery on a Sawstop brake cartridge last week. I was going to order a backup cartridge for both the 10" blade and the dado, but if I can count on same day delivery I may just wait until I need one to order.