Thread: Importing Text into CorelDraw

Importing Text into CorelDraw

I have problems importing text into CorelDraw. It does not matter what method I use or what programs I import from.

For example, if I import a long list of names form a spreadsheet, pdf, word doc etc, it will come into CD in a text frame with the persons last name attached as one word not the next persons first name like this:
    Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 13.28.34.png

If I break the text apart, it breaks into the conjoined constituent parts. Hence, I have to re-type all my text which is a pain in the backside.

Is there a way to get around this or is it just that i am using an iMac? I am using Parallels, so windows operates as Windows, so don’t see why this should be a problem?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

John

Have you used the edit menu to paste the text? Copy it then click on "paste special". from there I usually select "text" then convert to artistic text and proceed to edit. There are still times when I encounter what you've described which I attribute to the formatting by the originator. Once I have converted it to artistic text if the text still runs together i use the text tool and the enter key to separate the names.

I sometimes save the file to Notepad and edit from there.

Another option would be to use print merge which I find to be cumbersome.

I don't believe your Mac is the problem.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 06-06-2016 at 8:52 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike, Thank you for your comments, I have never used the edit menu for text, thanks very I will give that a try. I had already tried saving to Notepad and then importing, but to no avail.

I’ll let yo know how I get on.

Kind Regards, John
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Mike, Thanks so very much! That sorted it I’m a happy man now!

Hope you have a great day.

John

Glad it helped. I received the same tip a few years ago on this forum from George Perzel.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Select your text from the original document then in Corel select the text tool and click anywhere as if you were going to type in some text. Then press shift-insert (or ctrl-v) and you'll get a dialogue box with a few options - experiment with them to see what works for you. This works for spreadsheets as well as text documents, even web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    John

Glad it helped. I received the same tip a few years ago on this forum from George Perzel.
    Well a shout of thanks to George too

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Select your text from the original document then in Corel select the text tool and click anywhere as if you were going to type in some text. Then press shift-insert (or ctrl-v) and you'll get a dialogue box with a few options - experiment with them to see what works for you. This works for spreadsheets as well as text documents, even web pages.
    Gary, Thanks very much for your help too. I will give this a try. I am very grateful for the help I have received so often on this forum, and often so fast too.

Hope you are having a sunny and prosperous summer.