Thread: Electrical terminal block question

Electrical terminal block question

Cant figure this out ..

No screws .. it appears to be push in.. I fear if I push any harder, its gonna break.

Ugh .. frustrating.. emailed pic to electrician, he said .. either push in or there is a screw..

TOPJOB terminal block by Wago.

Here's a nifty video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178VcP0Ui8s

I think the piece with the lightning bolts on it is actually a plug to cover the tool access hole. Pull it off and see if you can stick a flat screwdriver in there to release the clamping lever.

Hey thanks ..

That is exactly it .. I'm not sure I would ever have figured it out .. I'm using stranded wire, so yeah, I gotta open the clamp first.

Appreciate that feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    .. I'm using stranded wire...
    You can also wick a little solder into the strands to turn the end into a solid wire. This is not recommended for connections where the wires are subject to flexing (such as with a flexible cable) but fine otherwise.

Another way is to use a crimp connector to add a short length of solid wire to the stranded. I've also seen pins with sockets that are crimped on the ends of stranded wires to allow push-in connections but I don't know where to get them.

JKJ

There are also crimp type pin end terminals available that you can use instead of soldering the strands. The black wires look like they have them.

Charley