Thread: Issues with Delta Midi Lathe 46-460

Issues with Delta Midi Lathe 46-460

I am brand new to woodturning and excited to jump into this hobby. I bought a brand new Delta Midi-Lathe 46-460 from Amazon. I have two issues with it straight out of the box:

1. The reverse and forward functions are reveresed. That's not such a big deal because I can simply just relabel them. My friend has this same lathe and his was incorrectly wired the same way when he got his about a year ago.

2. The variable speed control knob doesn't seem to be working properly. As I move from 1 to 9 on the speed knob the lathe slows down. As I get to 9 its stopped and you can hear the motor attempting to still move. When I'm at about 5 or 6 I can press in on the knob and the motor speeds up.

I'm going to call Delta this week to see what the fix is. In the meantiime, has anyone else experienced these problems?

I'm quite disappointed with this as I was hoping to spend my Thanksgiving week off practicing and learning.

Thanks for any feedback.

Trey

If it were me and it came from Amazon I would return it for another.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I would think just send it back? A pain for sure but Amazon has always been easy for returns, then go buy it locally. You'd be back on track to turkey day turnings.

Yes, that's a pain but going to send it back. Amazon is pre-shipping me a replament with 2-days shipping so I should have replacement by mid-week. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Thanks all.

Good decision, and good for Amazon. Congratulations.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!