Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what are you looking for come Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the stuff I plan to buy in the next 6-8 months are on the "excluded" from sales list. I want a Fuji HVLP systems and they are normally excluded from sales but I missed that Acme had them on their site wide one day 15% off sale last week so I missed saving over $100.
    Van,
    FWIW- The Fuji HVLPs that Acme had on sale were the model prior to the new Platinum series. The main difference, as I understand it, is the Platinum has an improved heat dispersion approach.
    regards - Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Van,
    FWIW- The Fuji HVLPs that Acme had on sale were the model prior to the new Platinum series. The main difference, as I understand it, is the Platinum has an improved heat dispersion approach.
    regards - Bill
    Thanks, makes me feel a little better, I didn't look at them on the site just saw someone post they bought one after the sale was over.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Have my eye on a couple Forrest blades.
    You just missed the best deal on those. AcmeTools.com had their 15% off sitewide deal on Verterans Day.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Woodcraft is supposedly going to have a sale on Jet Clamps,... I asked if they were repeating the Bessey sale from last year and the local guy said no, but probably Jet clamps and probably not 50%.
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    Woodcraft is supposedly going to have a sale on Jet Clamps,... I asked if they were repeating the Bessey sale from last year and the local guy said no, but probably Jet clamps and probably not 50%.
    The Woodcraft Black Friday circular has been posted, no clamps, but suppose they could still have some on sale. Nothing interesting to me at all in it. Normal Jet 15%, Powermatic 10%, Laguna 10% and Laguna blades 20%. I might get a Resaw King or two but WC only carries sizes that fit the saws they sell.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yea from what I heard no 50% Jet clamps this year from Woodcraft.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Some local stores and malls have announced they will be closed on Thanksgiving so that employees can enjoy the day with family and friends! I'm hoping this is a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    Some local stores and malls have announced they will be closed on Thanksgiving so that employees can enjoy the day with family and friends! I'm hoping this is a trend.
    For some it is nice and for others the loss of holiday pay and possibly overtime can actually be a negative especially those working retail. There is also a large contingent of people outside of retail that have to work on holidays because the world just can't stop.

Freedom from shopping. I just can't get into it.

I shop throughout the year. On Dark Friday I don't leave the farm. On Electronic Monday I will read a book. Printed on paper.

JKJ

Have never owned a cabinet saw. I have a decent table saw now that is about six years old but the lure of a good cabinet saw is too much for my weak will power. I am going to jump on a 3hp cabinet saw. Have been waiting a year for the Black Friday sales. I bought a good Powermatic bandsaw last year with the intention of having the money put aside for a cabinet saw this year.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    On Dark Friday I don't leave the farm. On Electronic Monday I will read a book. Printed on paper.
    Radical Freak!!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I misspoke, The Woodcraft sale on Jet clamps is supposed to be for December, not Thanksgiving.
    Mark McFarlane

Is any place having the 50% sale on Jet clamps? I was unable to get the benefit of it last year. Was hoping for it this year.

Rockler used to have a set of 4 Jet clamps plus blocks for a pretty good price. Doesn't look like they are doing it this year. I haven't seen any good deals this year. I guess I will keep my money.

The only Jet clamp sale thus far has been 20% off 12 and 24". I am waiting until cyber Monday to be sure but will be ordering some Besseys if no better sale on Jets. I prefer Jets with Jorgensons second and Bessey third but I have them all and they all work.

I am buying a bunch of NWS, Knipex and Wera handtools, only 10% off but even that is unusual. A couple of Bosch router kits and a 12v brushless drill and accessories using the 25 off 100 and a Dewalt 611 and a bunch of little stuff for the same 25 off 100, 6 total orders so $150 "saved". I got a stupid good deal replacing all my socket sets with a large Craftsman set (good enough for me so be quite Tool Truck snobs), socket racks and a bunch of accessories that cost a bundle bought one at a time. I used the pre-black Friday sales along with shopyouway points to save about $200 of the "real" normal price, I think I saved a couple of million dollars based on the inflated MSRP. I also 48 light duty 4/6/8" F-clamps from Peachtree for about $140 shipped, I never have enough of them and they were cheaper than HF prices.

Honestly, I haven't seen a deal good enough to buy something I didn't plan to buy, just saving a little here and there on things I have waited for now to buy. Well, there is the cool tapered dovetail box spline system from Infinity that I way buy but it is a pre-order price not technically a sale price.