Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Estate Sale find of the year!

That is truly the greatest gloat I have seen anywhere! Usually, I am genuinely happy for the gloater, but right now I just feel a little sick.

Congratulations on the find of the decade!

Wow. wow. wow..
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-15-2017 at 8:31 AM. Reason: removed objectionable text

Wow. That's a once-in-a-lifetime score. Hopefully, I'll do that one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    No, there's no fiduciary responsibility. Their job is to clear the stuff out. Estate auctions are more likely to generate fair prices than estate sales, but that's the family's choice.
    If estate sale "company" does not the executor of the estate certainly does and that certainly extends to properly liquidating the estate's property. This example would probably rise to the level of gross negligence on the executor's parts and unless they were the sole beneficiary (and the estate had the means to otherwise satisfy any monetary liabilities the estate might have) the executor would open themselves up to personal liability in some (most/all ?) states.

This has nothing to do with the OP, he paid a price set by the people he was dealing with.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.