Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jet JJP-12HH iGaging Readout Install

1. I have an igaging readout on my planer and wide belt sander and they have been fairly reliable. Recently however, both seem to make 0.2" jumps regularly, it is a real pain because I have to take it off the mount to calibrate it. I really wish I had known of the wixey unit before i got the igaging ones and wasted all that time setting it up. At least with the wixey, if there is a jump, calibration is easy and quick.

I haven't seen that with mine-hopefully I won't. Mine has so far been reliable longer than two different Wixey's.

Matt
    I cannot thank you enough for the precise directions for Igaging calibration which I just finished on my g0453z planer.I do not know how to post pictures but will be seeing my hi-tech sons and nephew and I will provide pictures after christmas.

Update on the .2 error- possible cause.

I haven't checked with Barry to see if this is common or what, but I was using my Wixey digital calipers recently and had the same issue. I would close the jaws, hit cal and after reading zero and without moving the jaws, the display would quickly go to .2. I said what?!?!?!? The display, measuring, etc., was working fine, just off by .2. So I paid more attention to what the unit was doing and noticed it was taking a little longer for the display to turn on. Hmmm??? I installed a new battery and all problems, including the .2 issue went away! It seems the battery had enough oomph for the unit to work, but not calibrate properly.

You're welcome Ken.

I haven't had.any issues with the iGauging readout. I had to recalibrate when I change batteries about a month ago but it was no harder than the Wixey, especially since I used to have to do it do often. Highly recommended.

I like it! Thanks for posting Matt. I'll be doing it the same way.