Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Board Feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I use cabinet door bumpers like these
    Me too. I drill a 5mm hole and use some silicon glue. Lee Valley carries them too and a bigger version as well:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/hardware...=3,40993,41285

As a former chef I would prefer to use both sides of the board. Use the non slip type of shelf liner to keep it from slipping.

I buy in bulk from McMaster Carr. Item description is: Round Bumper, Rubber, 1/2" Diameter, 1/4" H, 17/64" Counterbore, with Washer

Blog Entries
    Yes they are non-slip. I used them on our knife block.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Yes they are non-slip. I used them on our knife block.
    Thanks Lee

I like rubber feet because it keeps the board from slipping around on the counter and keeps the board from being left in puddle of water while drying. I still do the finger groove on the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
    Don't want to hijack this thread.......- I've debated feet over routered finger groove on the ends. That allows use on both sides. Somewhat personal preference. Opinions?

I Use These.

I use these: http://tinyurl.com/Cutting-Board-FeetPrior to screwing them in, I bore a 1/16" deep hole with a forstner bit to hold them I'm place. I like how the board sits at that height. Works great for me. Of course you can't see the feet on this board.
    Betty compressed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
    A wood knob will crack/split with moisture.
    I have used corks from wine bottles. Sand on all sides to make attractive and glue to the board. Typically 1/2" height.
    My wife saves corks so I have had about 3 gallons off them to pick through ones to get ones that match. So far I have not knocked them off.
    There's no reason I can think of that moisture would cause a knob to crack. Is it sitting in water? My suggestion included padding on the bottom of the know which would act as a moisture barrier, if necessary.

I thought we couldn't post links to ebay items........

I buy rubber bumpers from Home Depot. You can get various sizes and colors. Eventually they dry out and crack but are easily replaced.

Yep, me too.

I use rubberized cork discs, 1.25" x .25"

I use a forstner bit to make a 1/8" deep recess, then silicone glue to hold the disc in the recess. Should last forever.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 05-22-2019 at 1:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john bateman View Post
    I use rubberized cork discs, 1.25" x .25"

I use a forstner bit to make a 1/8" deep recess, then silicone glue to hold the disc in the recess. Should last forever.
    Yet ANOTHER link to ebay that is not allowed...... where are the mods??
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 05-22-2019 at 1:55 PM. Reason: ebay link removed