Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lie-Nielsen Open House in Maine - Worth a visit?

Blog Entries
    Update- I'M GOING TO HANDWORKS!!!!!! I called my brother in Kansas City, MO, and told him he should go if it's not too far. (I have zero comprehension of northern US geography.). Turns out it's only 4 hours from there, and 3 from his farmhouse. He offered to loan me his CJ7 (he wanted to loan the Suburban, but the CJ is more my style). I have created a Facebook page called "Going to Handworks 2017." It is searchable publicly, but you must join the group to se posts. That way if you want to tell your significant other you are going on a "business trip," you can post in the group and they won't know that your "business trip" is really going to give toolmakers your business.

Thanks for for the suggestion. This will be fun.

Any woodworker who visits LN should also check out the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship about 20 minutes up the road. Check out www.woodschool.org for details.
    Last edited by Ellen Benkin; 04-03-2017 at 1:45 PM. Reason: Add the word "minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I have created a Facebook page called "Going to Handworks 2017." It is searchable publicly, but you must join the group to se posts. That way if you want to tell your significant other you are going on a "business trip," you can post in the group and they won't know that your "business trip" is really going to give toolmakers your business.
    Sputter, ack, sputter. I just spit coffee all over the monitor again! Malcolm, you just crack me up! I mean, Im still laughing about you and the bowling ball cannon. Now you create a clandestine facebook page for Handwerks!

Cant wait to read about your adventures!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Sputter, ack, sputter. I just spit coffee all over the monitor again! Malcolm, you just crack me up! I mean, Im still laughing about you and the bowling ball cannon. Now you create a clandestine facebook page for Handwerks!

Cant wait to read about your adventures!

For or the record, Amy knows full well about this trip. How much I plan to spend... Well... You don't expect me to tell her every little detail do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    For or the record, Amy knows full well about this trip. How much I plan to spend... Well... You don't expect me to tell her every little detail do you?
    I figured she did. I thought you made the page clandestine for the rest of us.
    It sounds like a lot of fun!

I was there 19 years ago when they were still in the old barn, and it was definitely cool. I understand they are in new digs now, but I am sure the tools are just as cool. Do it!

Blog Entries
    I'm excited. This is way better than going to one company's event, and LN will be there anyway. About all I have left to see of theirs is the new honing guide and maybe they will have the mysterious disappearing plow plane there.