Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air compressor

After purchasing this super quite CAT compressor I sold my 60 gal. IR compressor. The guy asked if I left it pressurized all the time. I told him yes but I blow the moisture out of it often but he said it's not good for the valves to keep it pressurized ( he bought it anyway). Never heard a valve issue. I know this was talked about years ago but wondering the current thinking. I also see they sell an auto drain valve for these compressors.

Thanks,

Mike

Does anyone else's pump get louder when it reaches 60psi? My new 10020 does . I'm thinking this is not a good thing?

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Does anyone else's pump get louder when it reaches 60psi? My new 10020 does . I'm thinking this is not a good thing?

Thanks,

Mike

My 5510 did the same thing at about the same pressure, it turned out to the the black plastic electrical box cover vibrating. I stuck a wood splinter in between the cover halves as a short term solution, it fixed the issue and my short term solution has become a long term one since it keeps working. Just touch your finger to the box when the sound changes tone and you can verify if it is your problem too.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I looked at the CA air tools on line, decided the 8 gallon tank size would work for me. It came in today, opened the box in the house., plugged in and Wow it was quiet. I can't believe I put up with that loud Craftsman all these years.

Jay Mullins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post

Thanks,

Mike
    I ended up returning this unit model 10020. Found out it is discontinued and has limited support from the manufacturer. I ended up getting the 10020C at Amazon and the improvements are noticeable. Only thing I don't like is that the drain cock on this newer model is on the bottom center of the tank whereas the older model it was off to the side and easy to get at.

Mike