Thread: Canadian customs release "eh"

Canadian customs release "eh"

My machine is in Vancouver. I got the call from K Trans Worldwide logistics Ltd. friday afternoon. They are the shipping agent that Ray Fine uses in Canada. They suggested clearing costumes for personal use will be difficult and recommended getting an "Import Buisness Number". I do have a small home based Buisness but it has not been active recently. I have an appointment with an accountant Tuesday afternoon for his recommendation. Your thoughts or experiences are appreciated.
    I am also hoping there delivery cost is reasonable. I would prefer not to have to take my trailer on the Ferry.
    Thank you,
    Dan

Hi Daniel .... I had the same Broker and they applied for a Business Number without my knowledge ... I ended up calling the Government and canceling the application I wasn't too impressed with that .... I also ended up paying another $600.00 by the time I got the Machine home .... I ended up going to get my Machine as they wanted another $400.00 to deliver to my Door !

Hope that helps.

Brian
    Ray Fine 6040 80W RF Tube
    Chuck Style Rotary
    5000 CW Chiller

Hi Brian, I remember your chalanges and what I am not sure of is pros and cons of getting an Import Buisness Number?
    I will make some calls and talk to the accountant on Tuesday. I know there are other Canadians in the import process so I thought it would be a good thread for people importing in the future.
    Thanks again, Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Book View Post
    Hi Daniel .... I had the same Broker and they applied for a Business Number without my knowledge ... I ended up calling the Government and canceling the application I wasn't too impressed with that .... I also ended up paying another $600.00 by the time I got the Machine home .... I ended up going to get my Machine as they wanted another $400.00 to deliver to my Door !

Hope that helps.

Brian

Blog Entries
    I thought you guys had it easier, until Brian posted his issues. US at least doesn't require a lot, more than necessary, especially these that come in by ship. Brokers make good money for not a whole lot.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others