Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaper

You guys are all offering great input and I really appreciate it. Seems like used might be the way to go so two questions: What am I looking for in a used shaper to determine if it is still good? and other than craigslist, what are some good sources for used machinery?

Blog Entries
    My more than 40 year old Delta shaper and the fixed cutters that go with it are going strong.
    I believe in the kiss method. Keep it simple.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    What you also want to look for, new or used, is a good solid fence with micro adjust, good dust collection and the ability to add your own zero clearance fence plate.

Again, thank you all for the advice. In the end, I got a 5HP Jet 35X5-1 with a Steff 2048 power feeder. Cutters remain to be determined but leaning towards Moore cutter head with interchangeable knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Hedges View Post
    Again, thank you all for the advice. In the end, I got a 5HP Jet 35X5-1 with a Steff 2048 power feeder. Cutters remain to be determined but leaning towards Moore cutter head with interchangeable knives.
    Looks like a good set up, congrats

Congrats!! The rules state " no pictures, didn't happen". I would love to hear you impressions on it when you get it set up.

Ha! Gotta wait for it to arrive. Then pictures...