I have a cell from Verizon, an LG3... it's okay but a little bulky and actually little hard to hear callers... I liked my flip phone much better. The only reason I got a cell to start with is a few years back when the wife and I were both working we worked in Houston and were on opposite sides of the city over 60 miles apart... on one of her commutes she got clipped by another driver that sent her spinning across 5 lanes of traffic and back... fortunately she wasn't hurt and the car wasn't damaged, but I was unaware until I got home some 2 hours later... she had a cell but I didn't.... I got one right away in case of another such accident... we neither use the phone while driving. I switched to the smartphone last year when I needed a phone that I could use at my craft booth on Saturdays to take credit cards. That is my primary use of the phone and to check on my wife at home as her health is now no so good.... I have contemplated dropping the land line and going to straight cells since we both have one, but my internet is on a DSL that I would lose if I drop the landline... I would have to go to Satellite service for the internet and don't think would save all that much, plus would have change all of my email addresses and sign ins, etc....