Quote Originally Posted by Erik Christensen View Post
I have just the robland saw with sliding table so can't comment on other tools. As a table saw it is OK - I did not end up using the sliding table as much as I thought and the saw has some issues vs a typical cabinet saw:
1. height control is very rough - no handwheel to bump blade up or down a few thousands - can change blade height fast as all getout, but getting to a specific depth for a dado is a PITA.
2. speaking of dado - trying to get multiple blades, chippers, shims on the bolt and feed it though the stack inside the cast iron blade guard is such a pain I cut all dado's with a router
3. will take a 10" blade but so much larger than a metric equivalent it was built for that the splitter is REALLY finicky to adjust
4. only one miter slot so a table saw sled is not an option & miter slot is unique so instead of a 10$ miter bar from anywhere it was >$100 from belguim so I never user the miter slot

that said it has good features
good dust collection that can be enhanced with a 4" hole in cabinet & hook to shop DC
shark guard sells a kit for the saw so my dust collection is excellent
with good blades it cuts anything I can muscle through it including 8/4 purpleheart
Thanks for the input! The consensus seems that as a table saw it is only marginal so keeping the cabinet saw around would be a good idea. But what about the jointer and shaper features? Would those be an improvement over a 6" jointer and lightweight Jet shaper?