Thread: A couple rear space saving Sliding compound miter saws not Hitachi, Bosch or Festool

A couple rear space saving Sliding compound miter saws not Hitachi, Bosch or Festool

Saw these rear space saving designed sliding compound miter saws at Menards on Friday and took some pictures for folks.

$499 Delta 26-2550 12" SCMS - has a Bosch Glide like action

$299 MasterForce 10" SCMS - has a rail action like a double stacked rail version lof the Hitachi C12LSH motion

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Interesting, especially the Delta. I haven’t heard of it and wonder if it’s been reviewed yet?

Thanks for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Interesting, especially the Delta. I haven’t heard of it and wonder if it’s been reviewed yet?

Thanks for the pics!
    It's available on Amazon and there's a few reviews on it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I too looked at these and the Delta is as silky smooth as the Bosch Glide also on the shelf at Menards. Lowes shows these at $399 but they aren't in stock in the store or on-line. The reviews are relatively positive for it. The MasterForce is an interesting idea with the dual slide set up. I couldn't really tell that there was any more deflection at full extension with it over the Glide or Delta.

The Masterforce looks a lot like the new Makita LS1019 with the dual slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    It's available on Amazon and there's a few reviews on it.

Mike
    Our local Lowes had them, first time I'd seen them. I've viewed recent Delta products a small step up from Harbor Freight (excluding the Unisaw), It'll be interesting to see how accurate they are and remain. I do have a Delta 12" CMS, non slider that I've had for probably 20 years. It's been fine but that was made before Delta collapsed.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 01-29-2018 at 6:23 AM.

Be sure to check out the latest Makita before you buy. Best dust collection for a slider outside of Festool I've seen plus the saw is incredibly smooth. Not affiliated - a friend just bought one and I'm greatly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I do have a Delta 12" CMS, non slider that I've had for probably 20 years. It's been fine but that was made before Delta collapsed.
    I wonder if mine is the same tool... It's been great, other than the brake not always kicking in. I do wonder if these current tools will stand up anywhere close to what the machines we both have have done.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like all of these, but the MasterForce seemed stiff and jerky, but that could have been the display model being messed with. The Delta really was silky smooth. But, I believe non of these have the laser guide. The only one in this class that has one is the Hitachi.

At those prices, I begin with the premise that costs we cut somewhere.

I measured the Delta, Hitachi, Bosch and Master force from the rear most point not including dust bag to the fence. To me that was the measurement I wanted to see on which was shallowest. Delta won by a couple inches or so.

Delta

Bosch

Masterforce

Hitachi NON slider

Hitachi Slider
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 02-06-2018 at 4:44 PM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.