Thread: Anyone tried the new Rikon 10-306 bandsaw?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac wingert View Post
    So, craftsman sells a saw that is a rebadged version of a rikon that is sold at sears?? I didn’t think any of the current craftsman bandsaws were worth anything.
    They did, for a while, sell some Craftsman bandsaws that were obviously from the same factory as some Rikon saws, I don't think they carry them anymore but with Sear's situation, it is hard to tell exactly what they sell. Quite a few people bought them since based on the sales and stacking coupons you could often get them dirt cheap. Sears has sold decent to good rebadged bandsaws for close to 70 years that I am aware of.

OP I remembered that Stockroom Supply has a decent video comparison with the 10-305 and 10-306:

Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    They certainly have improved the areas that the 10-305 is weak in (and there aren't many). The guide adjustment under the table is still a question but, my 10-305 fence is near worthless while the new one locks differently and solves the main problem with it. I have no trouble with the guides as they use the same hex driver I use for my larger saw and I am adept at setting them quickly. However, the new format looks nice. The guide post adjustment control change is also nice but, not a game changer. Just to keep things in perspective, for this size of saw, I am very happy with the 10-305 which I got pretty cheap on sale due to the new model coming out.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler