Thread: Jet Table Saw - JWTS-10JF--- Help

Jet Table Saw - JWTS-10JF--- Help

Howdy folks..
    I have a Jet JWTS-10JF saw. The guy I bought it from lost/tossed the safety gear for it. So, it's missing the splitter, pawls and shield.
    I'm not concerned about the shield.. but would like to have a splitter and attach a set of pawls. I've checked eBay with no luck.. so, I'm guessing, due to it being out of production, that I'll have to figure a way to come up with something.
    My son is a machinist and can make the splitter setup.. but, I need a pretty accurate drawing..
    I guess it'd involve removing it and tracing it on a piece of paper so we can get the hole locations and blade profile accurately placed.

I'm hoping someone would be willing to help.

Thanks, Bill

Blog Entries
    I had a very similar model Jet and I can tell you there's a good reason the PO tossed them. Absolute garbage. The rest of the saw was very good though. There are aftermarket splitters & guards available that I'm sure would be much better than the original stuff.

Have you checked out Sharkguards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Splaine View Post
    Howdy folks..
    I have a Jet JWTS-10JF saw. The guy I bought it from lost/tossed the safety gear for it. So, it's missing the splitter, pawls and shield.
    I'm not concerned about the shield.. but would like to have a splitter and attach a set of pawls. I've checked eBay with no luck.. so, I'm guessing, due to it being out of production, that I'll have to figure a way to come up with something.
    My son is a machinist and can make the splitter setup.. but, I need a pretty accurate drawing..
    I guess it'd involve removing it and tracing it on a piece of paper so we can get the hole locations and blade profile accurately placed.

I'm hoping someone would be willing to help.

Thanks, Bill
    Bill
    I'm pretty sure that I have them at home.....Somewhere??? I actually still have the original box it came in in the rafters of the garage.
    Mine is blue and has cast iron wings. Mine shipped with a 30" Xacta Fence. Mine is an early/mid 90's vintage that I bought brand new.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Another vote for the Shark Guard. Had it on a Ridgid contractor saw and now on my Grizzly G0833P. Lee is a great guy to work with and makes a top notch product. Packages have the guard, pawls, and splitter.

What Frank said. I have that same model, use it every day I'm in the shop, but couldn't tell you where that splitter contraption is, took it off 15+years ago and never touched it again. I bet I still have it 'cause I'm a pack rat, but if you lived closer I'd be happy for you to come take it. The saw has been very dependable otherwise, I'm sure you'll like it.

Ken

An aftermarket or shop-built splitter will be a better option most likely...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I've heard lots of good stuff about the Shark guard, but have no experience with it myself.

Just another comment about that saw, I got mine set up dead nuts when new & it stayed that way for the 15 years I had it. I did replace the belt with a link belt, which eliminated slippage & cut down the vibration. And it was fitted with a Biesmeyer fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Have you checked out Sharkguards ?
    Yes.. no dice.. thank you though. That said.. I may not have enough experience to really check it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Bill
    I'm pretty sure that I have them at home.....Somewhere??? I actually still have the original box it came in in the rafters of the garage.
    Mine is blue and has cast iron wings. Mine shipped with a 30" Xacta Fence. Mine is an early/mid 90's vintage that I bought brand new.
    Thanks Mike.. That's the one I have.. blue in color with CI wings. The fence is a Vega.

Bill

They're actually a very capable table saw. I like mine. Mine is strictly for cross cutting now and sits at a 90 degree angle to my General. It makes for a nice setup.
    Have you looked into closing off the back to increase the dust collection capability? I've done the bag mod, and the plywood back mod.
    I remember the Vega fence. That was a nice system, and not inexpensive back then.
    Let me look this weekend and see what I can find. I'm pretty sure I know where it is, or was.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Wondering if you ever found that splitter..