Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! Grizzly GO566 frustration and disappointment-long

Shiraz, I applaud your efforts. It is very inspiring to see you involved here. And not just involved in customer service issues that crop up.
    Tom, I bought a Laguna Bandsaw which is highly regarded in most circles. I had to do some "rebuilding" myself. Many others have also had to. Stuff does happen. Quite often it happens to me. It sounds like you are going to be well taken care of through it all though and that is what sets a company apart. I wish you the best with this and I hope you post a positve outcome to this. I suspect you will.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    I think everyone needs to chill here!

Tom, I understand Bill has already spoken with you . Please DO NOT follow any instructions given to you on this thread by anyone other than Grizzly. This is our problem, and we will take care of you, the right way.
    I agree and as I recall, it was the Grizzly service guys who said it may be necessary to use the BLUE WRENCH to pull that pulley off. I was first to say wowwwww neellly, do not use the blue wrench! Me, I have a complete set of Snap-On Gear and Pulley pullers so I would never advocate the use of the BLUE WRENCH.

Best of Luck...
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Just to clarify myself,

My intention was in no way to bash Grizzly, I was merely defending the original poster's right to say whatever he wants on this board. I do stand by everything I said, though.

As for Shiraz Balolia himself, I do appreciate the fact that he is so willing to help the people from this and other forums, but I am still curious as to how well people get treated if they dont have access to the internet.

T,

I hope when you get that big bear up and running that you'll do a review on it. It's still on my short list, although the larger machine gets, the longer I'm going to be "researching."

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

The one thing we seem to have left in the US is customer service, unfortunately there are times when it is sorely lacking. Products don break, can be bad out of the box, get damaged in shipment... they are in fact a product and that happens...everyday to all kinds of folks. For many yes their only way of getting things fixed is through a phone and they also do not know the president. It is a shame any time something would have to go that far, but we are lucky for the times it happens with Grizzly we have someone we can turn to to have the buck stop there. Be thankful we have that, as i have said before it is a shame we don't have more presidents of tool companies on this forum or others.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Tom,

When you get it up and running, please be sure to post a review (on another thread!)

Tom,

There was absolutely nothing wrong to your original or subsequent post. You owe no one an apology. It seems to me that you have already gone the extra mile in trying to resolve this yourself, and if you had not posted, you probadly would never have heard of papa griz. I am sure that the tech, that said to use a torch on the pulley would have never forwarded your call to papa griz. I suggest going over to woodnet, joining, do a search for papa griz and send him a PM. I am sure the man will take of you.

Craig Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Jones
    Frank
    Well, guess it is OK to disagree. If Tom had taken his issues to the next level with Grizzley, and was still not getting satisfaction, I would agree with you. I just don't think that he took the issue high enough.

As shown by the Grizzley response here today, it is obvious that even though they were suits and ties, they aim to take care of business when given the opportunity.

My post was not meant to be an attack on Tom's original post...just my thoughts that it was premature.

Doug
    OK Doug, you are right that Grizzly appears to now be on track to fixing things. If you had not used the word rant, I probably would not have written my note.

Frank...thanks for the note.

I guess as a manufacture of sorts, I'm a little sensitive when I see a complaint on a forum similar to this that supports the craft that I sell to before they have attempted to contact me...being a one man shop, I'm the where the buck starts and stops!

By the way, I was born in Toronto many years ago...from what I understand, the house I first lived in was in the way of what is now a runway at the airport...sure glad we moved! It is funny in a way that the same thing happend to a house we lived in while in Calgary, and Sydey, BC...my parents sure knew how to pick those house!

Have a Coffee Crisp on me!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    Tom - I am going to have one of my top managers call you to take care of this. And "use a blow torch" is nonsense. We'll take care of that internal issue with the person you spoke to. Before you try any of the things listed as a result of your post, let us work to get it resolved properly and to your satisfaction first.
    Sorry about the problem.
    This is why I spent a ton of money in the Grizzly store in Springfield 2 weeks ago. Nobody gives service this good. Thanks Mr. Balolia.