Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restored 24" Centuaro (Minimax) Bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    John, the FM50 isn't "dust proof". Not sure what NEMA rating you need for "dust proof", but the FM50 doesn't have that rating. You might want to relocate that VFD to mount onto the wall, or somewhere out of the immediate dust path.

But I have to say, that BS looks brand spanking new! VERY nice job on the refinish. Just don't use it. Any scratch will create tears... I haven't let anything NEAR my PM90...
    I have an FM50 in a dust proof chassis, it's a NEMA4 chassis. Over double the cost...joe

Congrats on the rebuild.. it looks great..

I love these threads because I did the same thing.. I can attest to how much work it is.. especially the cleaning.. and scraping.. and .. did I mention the cleaning..

Mine is a few years newer.. Still late 80's..

This was it almost finished.. a couple of years ago..

I would suggest getting the logo done at a sign shop.. email them a picture of the logo.. pay the $20.00 or $30.00 .. Mine is peel and stick letters, but only I know. .

Well.. until now.. lol

John,

I have a very similar saw, Centauro CO 600 from 198X. The exact year was not specified on my ID plate, they just left it blank. When I first moved this machine home, I removed the table. When I went to put it back on, I was surprised at the way the bolts and trunnion holes matched up. It seems that they used lock nuts mid shaft on the threaded parts of the bolt to set the depth, not driving the bolts home all the way to the head like on every other bandsaw I have used. Do you know or remember if there is some trick to getting this all aligned and set up properly?

Thank you,

Andy

Patience, lots of patience. It took me at least a couple of hours to get there. It's been quite a while since I did that so I can't give you a lot of specifics. I do recall having to sometimes snug a bolt up and guess about how much more I needed to go.

Hi John, this thread is very interesting to me because I just purchased this same saw. Mine is a 1984.All green. I was wondering what you did for the blade insert ?

Great job on the restoration.