Thread: Marathon Blades

Marathon Blades

Has anyone had experience with Irwin/Marathon circular saw blades? I need to replace the OE blade on my CS and came across the BOGO deal on the Marathon 24T blade. I only use the CS for construction carpentry and since I need to build a shed this spring (too many pedal vehicles in the garage ) I figured this might be a good time to get a new blade.

http://www.homedepot.com/ then do a search for 24030SM (I hate it when the web developer makes every link go to the home page)

It is inexpensive enough, but I would rather buy one decent blade than have two crappy blades. Any input would be appreciated.

Wes

Oh, and for those interested, here is the rebate form:
    http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...athonBlade.pdf
    Last edited by Wes Bischel; 01-29-2006 at 11:52 AM.

I've used Marathon blades for a long time for general construction and remodel. Not a problem with them. Consistantly good. Sounds like a good deal. I have bought a pack once in a while when they are packaged "4 for price of 3" at the BORG. I've probably got somewhere around 20 - 25 in my blade holder. Somehow I think that I'm still working on housing tracts and that I need to keep a supply of blades. I'll probably never really use all that I have right now. Anyway, go for it. They are great blades. Buy a couple and have 1 for back-up. Then when your rebate comes you'll have a back-up for your back-up.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Wes, I personally haven't used the blade.

When we built back in 2002, the framing crew used only Mikita CSs and only Marathon blades. They said that the Mikita CS was the best they could find including Milwaukee. The Marathon blades gave them good service and when they got dull, a quick stop at HD got them a replacement. I will add that these guys normally worked building million dollar homes in the best parts of Dallas, and they certainly knew which end of a hammer to pickup.
    Best Regards, Ken

I purchased a 2 pack of 10" blades for my table-saw they work great $20 & nice clean cuts.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Wes, I just found this on Amazon. I've used these and they are good blades also and at a tremendous price. It's a deal-of-the-day so it may not be there for long. Free shipping also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

EDIT: I just saw that the sale ends today, the 29th. Apparently their deals-of-the-day last a week and today is the last day.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 01-29-2006 at 3:50 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Mark,
    Thanks for the link - though ten blades is a whole bunch more than I would ever use!

One caveat to the BOGO above. I filled in the "original" paperwork that came on the blade and just before I closed up the envelope, I noticed the offer expiration date on the "original" shows it ended on Dec. 31, 2005. The link above to the form shows Dec. 31, 2006. They both look the same except for the dates and the print codes.

I sent Irwin an email - we'll see what the response is from them. As usual, what a pain.

Thanks for the advice guys, It looks like a good blade - now if it stays warm . . . .

Wes