Thread: Two foolish mistakes at table saw cost me, dearly - Graphic Photos!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wax everything. And use pushblocks when needed. I guess I didnt comprehend forward progression of workflow as.pushing a part forward through the saw as if to move forward in the progression of your workflow or to move a part forward into the blade and then somehow related that a blade that is resisting your forward progression somehow had some wierd back teeth that could throw the work forward which actually meant backwards. But whatever.

I use wax with reckless abandon. All sliding surfaces are liberally and regularly waxed. If the event ever is to happen (avoided at all costs) I use pushblocks and feeders to keep my hands (again employees) as far away from the sharp stuff as possible.

If your aim is to be argumentative you failed. As I said... the pushblock would have failed your dude. The wax would have failed your dude. He ran a part through the saw against the fence that was wider than it was long. If he was teaching.. he publicly learned a humiliating lesson that it sounds like he then tried to recover from.

We all make mistakes
    Last edited by Mark Bolton; 03-21-2019 at 8:20 PM.