Thread: Compressor Search Help...

Compressor Search Help...

I'm looking for a compressor, however I have space constraints. I'd like a standing unit, 150psi, at least 10cfm@90 and 50" max tall. Am I dreaming?

I suspect you'll need to go with a horizontal format...for big bucks...to meet that height requirement. But I certainly could be wrong about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Why 150 PSI? I suggest remote tank in attic or outside.

More likely a wet dream (Not pratical): https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com...0aAj6aEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    I'm looking for a compressor, however I have space constraints. I'd like a standing unit, 150psi, at least 10cfm@90 and 50" max tall. Am I dreaming?
    Not really dreaming.
    Quincy and Rolair both make models that can be adapted to suit, if space is a problem. 10CFM is fairly easy to find. Why is 150psi a requirement? If it's to run air tools, at a higher perceived pressure, change hose diameter and get rid of the orifice restrictions that cause the pressure drop across the hose and fittings. People some times jack up the regulator pressure, to get adequate pressure at the end of a smaller diameter hose and fittings. It's not inconceivable that you can have a 15-20psi pressure drop from regulator output, to final fitting. I use 1/2" hoses and 3/8" fittings.
    To get around the height issue, separate the compressor from the receiver tank. They don't have to be mounted to each other. You'll probably void the warranty before you ever use it, but,,,,,.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 04-26-2019 at 1:47 PM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Mike, thanks! I knew someone here would have an alternative. I’ll take a good look at those. 😎