My garage is my shop, but it is not a dedicated shop space. The driveway has a slight slope that gets progressively steeper toward the street, but not too bad; I haven't measured/calculated the angle. It's flat and whoever poured it used durable concrete mix. It's 30+ year old and no crack. So, a walkie stacker can venture out into the driveway no problem. Naturally, some of these machines will get moved around when I get to spread out and work. I absolutely think my narrow-fork pallet jack is one of the best tools I bought. I can move a FK700 with one hand. So what will I move around?

1. Lumber. 12/4, 10 foot rough boards are a bear to pick up by myself. Even the 8/4 10 footers are heavy.
2. Plywood, MDF, melamine...moving from my little trailer to the shop. I am building boxes non stop it seems.
3. Some Felder machinery like the KF700. A FB710, A951L and D963 are arriving some months away. The FB710 is too big and heavy for residential lift gate, so need to be removed from the truck with a fork lift. Then it has to be erected. Yadda, yadda...
4. A Bridgeport-style mill and metal lathe
5. fill-in the blank heavy junks I buy in the future
6. Myself. I was told the newer ones has remote control that you can use to operate it from a distance.

Oh! and for when and if we move, you know, to the property with a huge shop!

I think of this as in "investment" because the anticipated service period is close to forever, until either one of us croak. So, the amortization of the cost is slightly more acceptable, although still painful and needs close examination. From what I read, it can be used for all sort of things, not just moving them heavy machines, and is very useful. I also can think of a few other things I can use it for already. For starter, I can bring stuffs stored up above the garage without having to rig up a hoist. Nice! So, yes, there is a convenient factor associated with this.

Straddle walkie stacker is a more correct descriptive term. It has straddle legs that are width adjustable.

Question. Is in-activity a problem for the electrical system and battery? I do not have a fulfillment center, so average # of use per week probably a few times, maybe less even.

Buying used. Like I stated before, ignorance is the rate limiting step here. I haven't a clue how to assess a used straddle walkie stacker. I know how to buy used cars, not straddle walkie stacker.

WS