Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performax thickness sander problems

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I think you are being generous with the sub-obtimum rating,
    Too true. I don't know what is so different on the SuperMax but, changing paper is a non-issue. I use a lot of grits and think nothing of changing during the sanding protocol. Could the SuperMax clip be retrofitted onto the Performax maybe?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Finally got the tuftool and I was able to easily change the paper. Don't think I would keep the tool if it had not worked. After several operations on my fingers, and 2 more coming up, there was no way I could change the paper otherwise.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Yes to both questions. I lose and inch but save lots of time. And the hook and look covers the whole drum and you buy paper to match. I think grizzly sells a conversion kit for their Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I bought a used one last weekend and f'ed around trying to get the paper on and finally had to go to the last resort - read the instructions. And there was a single loose paper about the Tuftool. Which of course did not come with it. Found one on ebay and I really hope it makes the job easier. I can't get the clip on the motor side - the takeup clip - to hold on to the paper.

On another note, I've heard that the smaller dust port can cause problems. Anyone modified the cover for a 4" port?
    I ordered a replacement cover from jet that has the 4" port. It did need a little modification to attach the hinges, but it works well.