Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluing up PVC trim boards

Quote Originally Posted by David Sofio View Post
    So Gorilla makes a PVC cement? Who knew? (OK, *I* didn't...) Thanks for that.
    Like any brand name out there, most of what's produced isn't unique. What's in that can is just solvent formulated for melting and bonding PVC. Same stuff...different can...different label.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Mark, good stuff. I've gotten a bit discouraged because it seems the available PVC stock here all has hollowed-out backs or is similarly structurally compromised. I wouldn't be concerned with the strength if I found a non-cellular PVC 3/4" stock, but I'm guessing that stuff would be very pricey, even if I could find it. I'm avoiding steel because of rust issues, and I'm not set up to weld aluminum, unfortunately. Gonna check with the one local sheet-goods supplier to see if they've got some unexpected 'bulletproof' 3/4" material tomorrow.

King starboard would be your best option though I'm still not sure about using it alone for s structural railing especially on a balcony. All of those pvc brands are available in sheets (4x8 4x10 4x12 5x10 etc) and would just be sheet stock. Weve used 1/2, 3/4. And I think even thicker is available.

None of it is cheap and the starboard is usually close to 300 a sheet and up. Royal is around 150 p
    Or so a sheet around here.

It's all plastic and I would think would be brittle enough to put the kibosh on no metal core. It wouldnt be anything to have someone weld two plates on a piece of stainless box tube.

Unless you already have the pvc boards, here's a link to a 4'x8' sheet at HD, a lot less hassle and you could stiffen it with wood.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-...WS13/206822526