Quote Originally Posted by tom lucas View Post
I've been trying to get a price on a vacuum adapter, wheel, and hub for my G0766 lathe from JT Turningtools for nearly 2 weeks now. The only response I've received is "please send me your address" (which I did- twice). I understand, this is small company, and that he does attend trade shows and the like to perpetuate his business, which likely takes him away from the day to day. But, I'm I being too impatient?

I want to get my vacuum pump setup and using it. I like his solution for my lathe. But what does it take to get a response? I'm ready to buy. I just don't know what and how much. Can I expect similar performance after the sell? Will he delivery before June? Getting frustrated.....
Oh no, not again. Seems like just a year ago he was unresponsive for months.

I forgot what kind of lathe you have. I came a cross a Oneway vacuum adapter in drawer full of stuff which is supposedly made for a PM 3520b. At least that's the lathe it came with. Someone, here can't remember who, may have been interested in it. It wasn't you, was it? I have one the style of the JT so I don't need the other one.

You know, a decent machinist could make one like the JT - just need a couple of sealed bearings, a chunk of aluminum, some O rings, and a central tube. I've seen pictures on this or another forum where someone made one from wood on the wood lathe. Lignum vitae might be a good choice. Can't remember if I mentioned it before but Joe Woodworker site has plans for a simple adapter that looks easy to make.

JKJ