Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concrete Engineering Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Will
    Chuck, good point......actually the footprint is mostly an old building built in 1956. The wall eliminates the rip rap embankment where groundhogs like to live. Tore the whole building down.......that'll show em'.

Here's the drainage plow.....well maybe we won't use it in the yard. We'll take your advice on this one.

Rob
    Nice lawn tractor! Lets line'em up and go for pink slips. Ever see the super modified booz burning diesels? Talk about a wird deal. You mix a bit of diesel into racing alcohol. Then the diesel combustion process ignites the alcohol which burns fast. This produces a bunch of power and increases your RPM. But one minor side effect. The diesel is not fully allowed to combust so these tractors throw off a ton and I mean a ton of the blackest, thickest smoke you have ever seen. In no time, your standing inside a pitch black cotton ball and can't see the hand in front of you.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Rob Will Guest

Wall Finished!

We were able to pour the wall for my new WOODWORKING SHOP Friday. Temps have been cold at night but wall is covered and no freezing yet.

BTW: This foundation is critical to my new WOODWORKING shop and could have been left in the General Woodworking Forum. The upcoming shop construction, including placement of WOODWORKING machines is integrated into the design of this wall. For example: The wall creates a step-down on the outside to accomodate a dust bin. This step-down lines up with the location of my main DC pipe. Another example is that the wall extends above the floor by about 2" in the paint/finishing room (for washdown purposes). There is a separate floor drain that serves only the paint/finishing room and the floor elevation of the WW machine area will be slightly higher than the rest of the shop. This is because it would be difficult to slide a 3000# PM 225 out of the way to squeegee water should any kind of water leak occur in the building. And for what it's worth, the laser that controls the tile plow on the little blue tractor featured above was what we used to establish all the critical elevations for the new WOODWORKING shop.

Thanks for all the advice,
    Rob

rob, i agree that the construction of a WOODSHOP and all of the particulars belong in the general woodworking form. there are several other shops that have had various aspects of their constructoin documented in that forum so why should yours be different?
    MODERATORS TAKE NOTE: rob has been kind enough to share pictures and commentary regarding the construction of his shop and i for one would like him to continue. please don`t play games with his posts.....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Rob Will Guest

Finsihed wall pics

Here are some pics of the finished wall for the new shop and "Bling" the job superintendent - "I dare you to lay those gloves down where I can get to them".

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's way too neat a job, Rob... That's what you get for putting Bling in charge!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Rob Will Guest
    Thanks Jim, and off the subject......I bought "Soul of a Tree" and gave it to a friend before I ever got to look at it. Now I've got to order another copy!

Looking good, Rob. I hope you'll continue to post progress pics so we can all "ooh and ahh" as the new shop comes together.

- Vaughn

that oughta stay there! for some reason it`s not just your hound who loves gloves .....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

The pour looks good, Rob. Bling seems to have things well under control. So, how "small" is this shop going to be? Looks more like a hangar!
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Rob Will Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth
    The pour looks good, Rob. Bling seems to have things well under control. So, how "small" is this shop going to be? Looks more like a hangar!
    Thanks Bill, The overall footprint is 48 x 80. The WW shop (heated space) will be about 32 x 40. The paint / finishing room will be 16 x 40. The remainder is storage and a porch.

Rob