I have a Nova 1624 8 speed lathe and was getting some vibration that I did not have before so I got out my dial indicator to check for play in the spindle. Maybe 1/2 of a thousandth side to side but 14 thousandths end to end. I can actually hear a clunk when this happens. I have to pull/push hard on either the headstock (with chuck attached) or handwheel end to get this play, but obviously there is much more force going on when turning a 6"+ bowl. I can also see the spindle moving relative to the inner race of the bearing on the business end of the headstock. I have been back and forth with technical support at Teknatool but they resist letting you talk to an actual technician and you have to present the problem to a customer service person with no technical expertise who then relays it to a tech, who answers the first person who then gives you the answer. I also took videos of my testing procedures. The final answer was that everything was within specs. It seems to me that .014 is way too much play in a spindle, but I wonder if there are any 1624/44 owners out there willing to check this out on their lathes for the movement and particularly for the movement of the spindle relative to the inner bearing race. Thanks, Larry