Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor brake question.

It would also be interesting to show a photo of the wiring diagram (inside the cover?).

Paul

Short Stop box dimensions are 4 5/8" x 10 1/4" x 10 1/4".

On this radial its mounted on one front leg on the side.

Wiring Diagram shows hook up and set up with how to adjust it time wise. I dont have it running yet so now sure how the brake is adjusted. Likely this radial would free wheel for a while, even by hand spin it goes a while. Grew up without brakes on machines so used to that, realize some spin longer than others. Nice with brakes on shapers even if not electric, at least you can change your cutters right away and not wait for it to stop.

I think I asked if these gizmos has any wear over the long term on motors or bearings?

P1160690A.jpg P1160701A.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 04-19-2020 at 2:43 AM.

My old Felder had a12” blade, which had two pin holes that needed to be machines into the average Freud or whatever brand that I wanted to put on it. There was a motor brake on the saw and it stopped the spinning blade within 3 seconds. I came to really appreciate it. Same with the jointer/planer. I like it on the newer battery powered trim routers that I have too.

The scariest tools are the circular saws on a job site. A buddy was cutting window trim last summer. He sliced off 2” of his left index finger after he turned off his portable $150 table saw and turned to look at what the dog was barking at. It still pains him every day.