Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone having trouble ordering tools?

What saw did you order? I ordered a 1023RL at the end of November and expect it around 2/26.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    I believe the only PM tool that is still manufactured in the USA is the vertical panel saw 511. Everything else is made overseas in Asia.

My understanding from talking to one of the factory engineers in Tenn several years ago, they order them in a fix number and when they are sold out, they reorder and then they are coming from China.
    Powermatic is selling well. I just purchased their 15" Planer and 6" jointer. They were in stock. Went through Woodcraft. Actually got the jointer from my local store. Thought about the 8" jointer, got the same response when I called Powermatic, very nice conversation but no specific delivery, she said hopefully early Feb.

Just FYI Rob, don't know about their other tools but both of my new ones and my 3520C say "Made in Taiwan" big difference from china.

I ordered the 1023rl same as you. I got an email from Grizzly last week saying that they expected to receive a shipment around September 3rd. I called Grizzly about it, and they blamed it on COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    Pandemic always gets the blame. I don't buy it. Many companies have done fine providing items and many have not. It's not the pandemic, it's the management and mindset.
    Regardless of whether you believe it or not, the pandemic has drastically reduced industrial output on a global scale.

I’ve been on many virtual factory witness tests over the past year and spoken to many people in purchasing, engineering, production and test in North America and Europe, spacing on assembly lines has significantly reduced production leading to parts shortages and greatly increased assembly times.....Regards, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Regardless of whether you believe it or not, the pandemic has drastically reduced industrial output on a global scale.

I’ve been on many virtual factory witness tests over the past year and spoken to many people in purchasing, engineering, production and test in North America and Europe, spacing on assembly lines has significantly reduced production leading to parts shortages and greatly increased assembly times.....Regards, Rod
    People and the companies paying them are not just sitting around complaining. Money has to be made.