Thread: Klingspor's plastic conveyor belt for drum sander

Klingspor's plastic conveyor belt for drum sander

Yesterday I replaced the conveyor belt on my Performax/Jet 22-44 Plus drum sander. I ordered from Klingspor's and was quite surprised to see that the belt was not cloth backed. It is a very thin sheet of strong plastic. I seems to work well so far and is much thinner than the cloth backed belt. It is coated with white abrasive that grips similarly to the Jet and 3rd party versions.

Anyone have any experience with these belts? Opinions? Do they last as long? Should I keep a spare around?

I have one of those but have not put it on yet, just have not taken the time to do it. I will be interested in what other have to say about it.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I put one on my 16-32 and have a hard time keeping it feeding true. I go through the alignment procedure and get it running fine but it only lasts for a while before I have to repeat the alignment again. If I could find a supplier of the thicker belts I would replace this one in a heartbeat.

Jim

I bought heavier belts for my Supermax from supergrit.com - good prices and run truer than the ones I have bought from Supermax

I would get in touch with Klingspor if you have an issue with any of their products. They are very responsive to their customers.I have been a customer for many years.

So far it tracks well and no problems. I do like that it is so thin and the seam thickness is essentially the same as the rest of the belt. I also trust that Klingspor will make it right if there are any problems.

If its anything like their abrasives, get a better one. Klingspor paper and grinding discs never wear out but they don't do any work either. I bought a pallet of discs and ended up sending them back. The boys couldn't get any work done. You know its bad when the labourers complain they are not doing enough! Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

I realize that this thread is 4 years old, but, my conveyer belt on my Performax 16-32 just broke. For those who have the Klingspor replacement how has it held up?