Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone remember Badger Pond?

The Badger Pond was also "closed" on Sundays. That was a hassle.

I was wondering if this forum was founded on Badger Pond, so I searched and found this thread. BP was my introduction to asking strangers dumb questions on the 'inner-web', and they actually took the time to answer, and answer with a polite and helpful attitude.

I was an active member on Badger Pond and spent many an hour there. Have been equally pleased to be a member here.

I was also an active member of BP, but really only focussed on hand tools. I still have my mug, which holds scissors and marking tools (on the right, below) ..

WoodCentral was my next home, with Ellis starting a Hand Tools forum specially for us ... one of the reasons why there are archives from BP in the WC archives.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Badger Pond was a great site and fortunately for all of us, Keith, et al picked it up and kept it flowing.
    Been a member here since 02-11-2003.
    Love Badger Pond and the Creek!!

Jim

Your right, SawMill Creek is the son of Badger Pond if there is such a thing. When the Pond went offline we had just completed installing our software and were logging in new Members. I had asked on the Pond earlier if any of the Badger Pond Members would be interested in staying together as I had the resources to bring up the new forum pretty quick in those days. As I recall we had over 500 people register here in the first two days and it got pretty busy real quick, probably some kind of record

We pretty much adopted all of the rules from Badger Pond so our Community was pretty much established and at home here right out of the gate.

Today is our 19th Anniversary!
    Thanks to everyone of you for making The Creek your home.........

I remember the end of Badger Pond. I think I was one of the 500 converts at the time. Different email address then, different handle, etc....

This place has a similar feel to it as the Pond. Friendly and respectful (for the most part). I figured Sawmill Creek must be a Pond offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Your right, SawMill Creek is the son of Badger Pond if there is such a thing. When the Pond went offline we had just completed installing our software and were logging in new Members. I had asked on the Pond earlier if any of the Badger Pond Members would be interested in staying together as I had the resources to bring up the new forum pretty quick in those days. As I recall we had over 500 people register here in the first two days and it got pretty busy real quick, probably some kind of record

We pretty much adopted all of the rules from Badger Pond so our Community was pretty much established and at home here right out of the gate.

Today is our 19th Anniversary!
    Thanks to everyone of you for making The Creek your home.........

Just curious. Any way to tell what seniority number I am? March '03 and former pond swimmer.

Also, what is a plank member?
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 02-11-2022 at 4:47 PM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Rick you were #840 to join SMC.
    If you hold your cursor over your name, you should see the number at the bottom left of the page.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thanks Bruce. Never knew about that trick.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Toward the end of Badger Pond, Wayne asked me if I was interested in becoming a moderator. I had to decline and wonder if I had volunteered to help that the Pond wouldn’t have been drained. He was looking for help so I believe he was overwhelmed.
    Joe

I remember Badger Pond. A bunch of guys migrated there from the CompuServe woodworking forum.