Hi,

I am moving from California back to the east coast. We bought a house in Delaware as our retirement castle . One of the features of this new property is an almost new 30' x 30' pole barn that I am confiscating and using as my wood shop. The shop is not insulated but Delaware doesnt get all that cold. (Famous last words...) I am kind of wondering what I should do to the place before the container arrives with all the shop stuff in it? I dont have enough money to completely insulate it. I could scrape up enough green to have the floor coated in some fashion. Its nicely poured unfinished concrete currently.

I have an old (25 years plus) Jet dust collector. Its their standard 2 HP 220 volt model - not sure the air flow etc. I have never been all that impressed with the air draw on it to be frank, but it could have been my old somewhat spaghetti like shop dust collection setup. I was considering getting a pro in to tell me the best way to arrange the shop and then run new duct work and grab a modern dust collector/separator system. I think that might be the best way to go, although I am pretty afeared of how much of my hard earned dollars will get sucked up by a new system.

I am probably getting a bit ahead of myself. My shop in CA shop was a very typical home workshop - Sawstop 3 HP, Laguna 14" Band saw, Jet 6" jointer , Dewalt suitcase planer, Bosch chop saw , nice Diefenbach bench, Tormek, nice collection of hand tools, a lot of Japanese saws and chisels and planes, `I am really excited to get there and set up` the whole shop. So I am looking for the best way to start. Ideas are very welcome!

Thanks Folks.

Joe