Thread: Makita 118 inch track

Makita 118 inch track

I致e been searching high and low for the 118 inch Makita saw track to no avail.
    All I知 finding available is from suppliers with questionable reliability.
    A forum search brought up an older thread where several members had ordered from Toolnut, but this is one of the suppliers I had scratched off my list due to reviews.
    Anyone have any good leads on the long Makita track at reasonable pricing?

Larry
    I bought the 118 inch Makita saw track from Toolnut 3 years ago. It was shipped in a wooden container and arrived in perfect condition, I don't know if they still ship them this way. I kept the shipping container just in case I need to move my tools when I retire.
    Eric

My Son bought me the 118" Festool track, from Toolnut, this past Christmas. It was back ordered but arrived in early January.

I contacted Toolnut a couple of times, via email, to find out the status and got very quick (not automated) responses.

It shipped via UPS Freight, directly from Festool. Was packed in a longer cardboard box with several reinforcement wood strips on the inside.

Is there not local tool stores to you ? I purchased mine from local tool store that sells Makita. They phoned me when it arrived.

Great, thanks for the replies.
    I値l go ahead and give Toolnut a try..
    No local stores that can order it unfortunately

I've never had an issue with Toolnut. They are also who I've bought Festool from since "Uncle Bob" retired.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks again everyone, I placed the order with Toolnut. Total with shipping and tax came to 272, was hoping to get it for less but it値l pay for itself in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Shimp View Post
    Larry
    I bought the 118 inch Makita saw track from Toolnut 3 years ago. It was shipped in a wooden container and arrived in perfect condition, I don't know if they still ship them this way. I kept the shipping container just in case I need to move my tools when I retire.
    Eric
    I got mine from Toolnut as well, about 3 months ago. It came similarly packaged, sandwiched between two pieces of what appeared to be 11ft long MDF. Perfectly straight and true coming out of the box. You won't miss that one on your front porch, I'll tell you that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry E Stroud View Post
    Thanks again everyone, I placed the order with Toolnut. Total with shipping and tax came to 272, was hoping to get it for less but it値l pay for itself in short order.
    It's certainly nice to have. Make's getting rough lumber true a heck of a lot easier. Joint a face, put the rail on that face, cut a clean edge, plane the opposite face, off to the table saw. I can get a good edge a lot more consistently on a long board with the 10' rail than I can edge jointing a 10ft board. It's also a whole lot faster!