Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
OK good, so your test cut will be using a solid (best of the best) blade. That blade alone is about $175. If you plan to use that blade, your deal just got even better. The 14" RIKON, which I am thinking you saw the Rikon 10-324TG, which is a $1300 saw, but 1500 on Amazon to help offset shipping. It in the same class as the 14SUV, let alone the Laguna 1412. If you want to compare the Laguna 14SUV with Rikon, you need to look at the Rikon Model 10-353, which is about $3000. Depending on where you live, you need to include sales tax and freight (if you have it delivered vs pickup at a local tool dealer).

I also see Andy asked you about considering a 16" or larger. Well, this question is a legit question, and I somewhat kick myself a bit when I bought my 14BX that I could have had an 18BX for about $400 more (at the time).
Haven't consider a 16" or larger, (I'm a hobby woodworker) having never owned one I always managed to come up with a work around for BS work or was able to use a friends shop which I never liked doing. I have a project I'm starting where a BS will save me a lot time and frustration. And now I have place to put one and a small budget to buy one. I can see the advantage for a larger saw but for my needs & budget I'm pretty sure a 14" will do. The used Laguna is actually a little more $ than I wanted spend on a used BS but I know I'll be much happier having a quality tool than trying to save a few hundred bucks or buying new and getting way less of a tool.
Thanks again for everyone's input !