Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: woodworkers pet poll?

Patience!!

after reading some of the replys here. i feel i need to expand my postion here. i have always had a dog, and as a kid (long time ago) i know. we had cats as well.. when i got married, i got to ladies for the price of one, what a deal right? wrong that female cat was the most prolific cat in the county after it finally came up missing i vowed to my boss that we wouldnt have another unfixed cat. so that went ok then we had lost our second son (dog) after 18yrs a black lab golder retriver mix. smartest dog i have ever had. all 110 ponds of him. after that i said no more dogs it was to hard to loose them.. well i thought i had made it clear, but i was away on a hunt and came home, to meet with some freinds comin up from miss. to hunt with me for week. to a house full of rescued junk yard dog, that wanted me for supper. needles to say it was a surprize and he and i didnt get along for some time.. but afterwhile he grew on me, and now i will and have helped him defend himself from the villians in the world. just the other night he picked a fight with a 15LB coon and won, but i had to referree at 1.30 in the am..the boss told me to go out and save him. so i quess i have mellowed and he's my best freind. we can talk about our mutual boss the problems in life and not worry that one or the other will tell
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

two dogs, Iggy: purebred dachshund and Prancer (dachhund-terrier mix). The latter will wind up as my shop dawg once I build the new shop in the next couple of months.
    there is also one cat, lovingly called the Wench, cause she has attitude far beyond her minute size.
    I suppose the pair of cockatiels count too, but they're one step removed from goldfish in the pet department as far as I'm concerned; ok to look at, but what's the point?
    Ned

2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French
    Looks like this place has gone to the DOGS.

Mine is a Canis generica , she's also an "Attention SUCKING Dog", don't even think about not giv'n this dog her due.
    all three of our pets are very hands-on. Ie. typical morning on the weekends if I try and sleep in is: the LOML and I attempting to snuggle, only to be interrupted by one whining Dachshund (tall bed, he requires a lift to get up on it, and thinks that is his place to sleep if we're there), one wiggly Terrier, both in the MIDDle of the bed (I said Attempting to snuggle didn't I?) with the Wench at the foot of the bed thinking bad things about the dogs. Sometimes with fur flying and bad words flying, but lately there has been an armed truce.
    Ned

2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Klaaren
    I hope Springfield, Ohio is a loooong ways from Indianapolis. (I'm sure it was a long trip home for Buckeyes fans last Sunday - I was at the game rootin for the Hawks.) We lost our lab Maggie last year. Are they for sale? Actually Maggie was a one person dog, and I was the person. We just don't need a dog that needs a lot of outdoors time right now.

Larry
    It's only 357.45 miles Larry, Thats a day trip

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mickley
    It's only 357.45 miles Larry, Thats a day trip
    I looked it up also, that is the round trip figure. It is a day trip. We're at milepost 96 on the interstate, so it's actually a little closer. I'll take it "under advisement." If it weren't for the .45 miles . . .
    Every morning I seize the day - but I lose my grip when I grab my coffee. <*//><

No dogs or cats here. SWMBO is allergic to them . I have 3 cockatiels and a parakeet though.

I have 2 dogs:

A Vizsla

th_Dscf0003.jpeg

A Weimaraner

th_Dscf0028.jpeg

Only one dog here. 4 year old Basset Hound named Maggie. She spends most days with me in the shop when I can get her awake long enough to take her with me.
    Reporting live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

3 Newfoundlands (soon to be 4! ), a Sheltie, and a Chihuahua on the dog side. 2 indoor cats and one outdoor cat. The place is a freakin zoo!

Well, I guess I need to update my entry. As of yesterday afternoon, we are now fostering another one. LOML got a call from a shelter in Duncanville,IIRC, that had what they originally thoght was a Cocker Spaniel. Finally looked at her teeth...all baby teeth, gee it might be an Irish Setter!! (In my best Mark Harmon voice) "Ya think???" Shes about 10 to 12 weeks old, found at a busy intersection of 2 major roads.
    Unfortuanately, the shelter has had some bad upper resperatory crud going around, so TLOML quickly volunteered her garage as the temporary puppy palace! Seems t me, she never did that at the other house for my tools. So Darcy is in quarantine with us until Mon or Tues. If she doesn't break with anything nasty, we'll integrate her into the pack. Now, if we can hold her down long enough to clip those nails!! OUCH!!!!!! Jim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.