Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercell Flex Hose Help, Please

I use Powertec and Woodcraft in the 4" size. The Powertec is cheaper but has a thinner sidewall than the Woodcraft brand, item #147880. Both brands perform well with my Laguna Pflux3 dust collector. Neither hose will collapse but both hoses will contract in length under full vacuum, that is everything unhooked except one hose. The Powertec having a thinner sidewall sags more than the Woodcraft hose when connected to a fitting parallel to the floor, see the attached pictures. The picture with two hoses is the Woodcraft and has been in place for at least two years. The picture with a single hose is Powertec and has been in position for less than six months.

Both hoses will easily coil for storage, even the much older Woodcraft hoses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just purchased a supercell last month and the hose that comes with it is robust to say the least. I am putting a Cen-Tec systems separator with a 4 to 2.5 reducer between my supercell and portable tools. I will be installing 4” snap loc duct for it with drops once I complete wiring my shop with 220v outlets. This is a portable setup with both the supercell and Cen-Tec are on wheels and can move them easily. I an using the Cen-Tec hose 2.5 from the separator. This will also work with my dry vac or Festool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I've been buying Powertec hoses off Amazon...likely right where you want things to be. Flexible, but sturdy.
    I finally bought the Powertec hose. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post the video, but suffice to say, it shrank up like George Castanza's _____ after a swim.
    Last edited by Derek Arita; 12-15-2022 at 9:29 PM.

I have bought dc hose from blast gate. The clear wire reinforced hose and have good luck with it. I have always had great service from them.
    Blastgates, Flex Hose, Spiral Pipe, and Fittings (blastgateco.com)

For the “small bore ,lite weight stuff “ Its best to put a long horizontal hanger “L shaped with a stop block at end ,hung as high as you
    can comfortably reach . Cut dados ,or tack on strips. Hang it up with each loop in its own “ groovy pad”. The heavy old type hoses are the
    easiest to hang up since you just hang high ,up , with no loop touching the floor. Wherever people are hanged…the guy in charge never
    lets feet touch the ground.

Rich, I’m curious why you are putting another separator inline since the supercell already has a cyclone separator?