Thread: Selling tools or equipment

Selling tools or equipment

Hey all,

I just joined and tried to search if there was a place to sell tools. I wasn't able to find what I was looking for to post and I'm looking to see if this is allowed and a good place to sell tools or equipment. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Patrick

There is a Classified forum, however you have to be a Contributor to post in there. Check out the Donate button near the top on every page in order to become a contributor.

Welcome to the Creek!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Donation is cheap. Like 6$ a year. Without it no photos to see and can not post in the for sale sections. Not sure if you can buy without joining first. I do think letting folks read without paying is a good policy to allow prospective customers to see if it is worth it. It also allows ,young kids to read and join the hobby for free.
    When you join make sure to post location so locals can let you know what is for sale local to you.
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-12-2023 at 11:54 AM.

There are other woodworking forums that do not charge for posting for sale items. A simple Google search will find them for you.

I've had more success with Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, but SMC membership has other benefits as well as the cost of a cheap ad. Woodweb is also a good venue for selling equipment.

Blog Entries
    I have had good success on eBay with small things like hand planes. For large items Craigslist has worked well. Neither one is the place to expect top prices. Unless you have something special that triggers a bidding war on eBay. I have helped several Widow Ladies sort out their Husbands tool collections. I few hand planes have ended in exciting bidding wars.

There are lots of places to sell tools and other items and in most cases, it's more productive to use multiples to increase the odds of someone with the immediate need or want for what you want to sell...a bigger pool. SMC is just one of them and the $6 annual contribution to unlock the features required isn't a high cost for a pretty targeted audience.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...