Thread: Record Vise Old Stock New in Box. The Bedrock of Vises

Record Vise Old Stock New in Box. The Bedrock of Vises

[INDENT] REAL Record Vise 52 1/2” It is old NEW stock. The box has never been open. I snagged it when I heard they were discontinuing it being made in Britain back in 2004. I am looking for a pretty good price for it but fair it is exceptional find. Below is a used[B][B] one I found looking them up on line, sold for $300. I would like to get $300 for this new one in box and then there is shipping it weights 39 lbs according to the shipping label on box. But It is "THE KIND" and not built in china. If I am correct Irwin knock offs are made in several odd counties. And there is the chinese knock offs. Pictures forth coming of the unopened box with the plastic straps securing it all, as I got it back in 2004 ( see shipping date on box)and put it under a top and that is where it has been. My plan was to attach it on the other end of my bench from the one I already have on bench so I could put a long board in the two of them and be able to plane edge or other wise work on it.

Please any questions just ask
    Best Regards

Tony

Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-31-2023 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Removed eBay link per TOS

In original box un opened. This an heirloom quality vise. I will tell you I know I am asking a few bucks for it but I bought it in 2004 knowing what it was and I am not making money on it adjusted for 19 years of inflation. The knock off is still around $200. Heck I know I pay more for the higher quality tools. Heck it is the only way I can complain about the junk tools that flood the market. I get it isn't a top priority item but I am just hoping it works for someone. Thanks guys I do appreciate you.

Tony

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8384.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	502244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8385.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	502245