Thread: connecting with PSI Woodworking

connecting with PSI Woodworking

I need help from PSI on their Long Ranger transmiters. When I send a message to psind@pennstateind.com it comes back Blocked.

Because I am hearing impaired and dependent on email/text/etc I can not call PSI for help on their product.

Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gebhardt View Post
    I need help from PSI on their Long Ranger transmiters. When I send a message to psind@pennstateind.com it comes back Blocked.

Because I am hearing impaired and dependent on email/text/etc I can not call PSI for help on their product.

Any Ideas?
    There is a general Contact Us page on their site: https://www.pennstateind.com/store/CTUS.html
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Penn State does not seem to pay much attention to the contact us emails . I only say this as I have attempted contact this way several times over time and there is never an answer. You have to contact them by phone SO possibly can you get a family member / friend to place the call for you until you can get the system connection you need for your hearing situation.

Lastly try reaching them through the technical dept e-mail GO TO THE CONTACT US LINK at the bottom of the home page, click on it and then use the email link that you get when you click on Technical & Product Support.
    Tony is the tech support guy I know he looks at his email and possibly he can make the relay to the proper person there to help you with what you need.
    Good luck
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

They are in a completely different location now for their retail operation, too, (and a much, much better one!) although I would think that they have settled in after a few months at this point.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You can also use the relay service for the hearing impaired. I never used it but Google it and you should find out how to use it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Tell us what the problem is. Maybe someone here can contact them and give you their answer. MAybe we have seen the same problem before and already know the solution.
    \Bill D

Bill, the problem is I purchased a second remote (bought a second saw) for the Long Ranger that was served me well for over 10 years. The second remote worked well until about a week ago. The first remote continues to work flawlessly.
    When I attempt to program the second one, there is no beep from the receiver whether a quick press or
    3-4 second long press. This is after fresh batteries that produce a red light when I press the on button.
    And I had two helpers listen for that beep, and no programing.All the second remote does is when pressed is red led.
    Bill

Bill, may seem silly but did you try multiple batteries? We’ve gotten a lot of bad batteries lately and only figured out the problem was the battery and not the device after sourcing batteries from another package or location. Can’t explain it, but even though they were current and had good expiration, some of them came compromised in the package. Figured worth mentioning. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gebhardt View Post
    Bill, the problem is I purchased a second remote (bought a second saw) for the Long Ranger that was served me well for over 10 years. The second remote worked well until about a week ago. The first remote continues to work flawlessly.
    When I attempt to program the second one, there is no beep from the receiver whether a quick press or
    3-4 second long press. This is after fresh batteries that produce a red light when I press the on button.
    And I had two helpers listen for that beep, and no programing.All the second remote does is when pressed is red led.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Bill, may seem silly but did you try multiple batteries? We’ve gotten a lot of bad batteries lately and only figured out the problem was the battery and not the device after sourcing batteries from another package or location. Can’t explain it, but even though they were current and had good expiration, some of them came compromised in the package. Figured worth mentioning. Good luck.
    Easiest way to check that is to take the battery from the working unit and put it in the questionable unit.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

On the battery issue: Programing the remote/transmitter, (that has batteries and the LED lights up), the 1st step is to start with the receiver, (only power 220vac, no batt) by pressing a button, waiting for a beep from the receiver, (not the remote/transmiter). Once there is a beep then I press a button on the remote so the two can connect.
    On my communication issue: now that a new work week is underway, I will have my wife call PSI.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks all
    Bill

I have what is probably a silly thought. Is it known that more than one Long Ranger will function in the same space? Are their remotes like garage door openers that have multiple frequencies/codes or do they just have one?

Well, I finally talked with Ken at PSI on 800-377-7297, who shared some more silly, in the translation from Chinese to English, the words (three times) were dropped.
    From the instructions, "Press the button on the receiver three times, and release.” This is what it should have said.
    Now to see if the blink exists.
    Bill

I gave it rest until yesterday when I started playing around with the Receiver. I took it off the board it was nailed uupon and discovered the programing button. It is below the surface, almost hidden.
    I had been hitting the pwr reset button.
    All is well, except my brain.
    Bill

It has been a month now and I have eaten enough crow to confess my ineptness and apologize to PSI.

PSI did well. I wrote to them explaining in detail the issue and gave them different ways to respond. A week later they responded via USPS explaining the phone number did not work, (yup-can’t get my own ph. number right) and invited me to call Ken’s (from previous post) number. I called Ken, long talk but no results. Give them credit for trying.

Yesterday I was winding down the shop for the day and spotted the dust covered remote. Why not give it another shot. I pulled off the receiver, discovered the instructions, rolled over it and discovered the PROGRAM button. I had been hitting the power reset button, a big surface mounted affair. The program button is recessed like it should be.

Thanks to all for your interest and suggestions.
    Bill