Thread: Bearing size for Rikon 347 Guides

Bearing size for Rikon 347 Guides

Does anyone know the correct manufacturer's guide bearing number for the Rikon 347 Bandsaw? I'd like to find some bearings that are sealed and high quality. The same bearings fit the 326,342,and353 Bandsaws. Thanks

Hello Bernie.

My Rikon is a 10-342. Bearing is marked 6202.

And beware. I too wanted some high-quality ones and bought them from a local bearing distributor. He looked at the originals and scoffed. He sold me the good ones. Beautiful little things.

Problem is although they turn very smoothly, they also were stiff. The friction from the moving blade was insufficient to turn them. Just sat there and the blade rubbed against stationary bearings.

I went back to Rikon and ordered a set of their Asian-sourced bearings. Cheap. But they turn easily. If you get to hold the replacement ones you want before you buy, see if they spin like a roller skate wheel. If not, they may be too stiff.

Funny thing. At the time Rikon sold them by the each cheaper than by the ten. Go figure.

Good luck,
    Les

Thank you Les, I too had heard that the RS suffix type could be too stiff, so I ordered the Rikon replacements. As long as they go out one at a time I should be good for a while.

Blog Entries
    It seems logical that is the old bearings fail due to dust accumulation that you should replace the bearings with sealed bearings. Unfortunately sealed bearings have higher rotational friction due to the drag from the seals. What you need to buy are shielded bearings where the shields make it more difficult for dirt to get in, but since the shields don't actually touch there is no increased drag.

Any bearing distributor should be able to sell you replacement bearings based on size.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Any bearing distributor should be able to sell you replacement bearings based on size.
    at only $9.00 for a box of four go with the ZZ and replace as they get clogged up.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-02-2023 at 1:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging