Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CA Glue Accelerator - Where to buy?

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but is accelerator really necessary? I use super glue fairly often, particularly for quick jigs and fixtures, but have never used accelerator. I just hold the pieces for 30 -40 seconds and don’t stress the joint for a couple of minutes. What am I missing?

If you are doing a ton of it, those 30-40 seconds add up.

In addition to what Prashun mentions, there are many times when you want a quick stick because manually holding sometime isn't always the most stable situation. Some CA techniques also require it, such as the painter's tape and CA hold down method, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I ordered some starbond replacements the other day. If you are ordering 1 or 2-2oz bottles Amazon is the way to go if you have prime. If you or ordering more get direct from starbond. cheeper but you pay shipping. Theyre price on sets is much better than individuals also assuming you use multiple weights/colors but if you stick to one you can still get glue/activator set at a few dollar discount over individuals. My previous order was to switch from tightbond brand to starbond. so i got 4-2oz and activator together and chased the tightbond stuff out of the shop.