Thread: 12-15 year old Craftsman professional saw have anyreal resale value?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks like a true cabinet saw to me with that motor cover. I'm not far from you, I think I would list it (with the fence) for $1000 and I wouldn't go lower then $800. As long as it's single phase and 2-3HP.

Recently tried selling my Unisaw - 3HP with Biesmeier fence & some extras. Started at $850, over about 6 weeks went down to $650, but never got any real offers, decided to keep it and forgo the SawStop for now. Perhaps NE is more saturated with these saws than the Midwest.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

In our area, about $300-500. That's a nice looking saw.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hayes View Post
    Looks like a true cabinet saw to me with that motor cover. I'm not far from you, I think I would list it (with the fence) for $1000 and I wouldn't go lower then $800. As long as it's single phase and 2-3HP.
    Sure looks like a 22124 (if the Bies fence is original). If so, made by Orion (also made Steel City cabinet saws) and if i recall correctly has cabinet mounted trunnions. Might be hard to overcome the brand, but that saw had a pretty good rep back in the day. Much as i'd like to step up to a cabinet saw with 3 HP--this one would tempt me at $500 with the fence and no miter gauge. Nice saw and looks well kept Brian!!

When I bought my sawstop, I sold my old tablesaw, which was not as nice as the one pictured, for something in the $50-$100 range. So there probably is some resale value. In my case, the person that bought it had 2 houses, and had a nice tablesaw at his other (distant) house and wanted just something to work with while being local.
    I guess the question is more if it is worth selling, or as OP noted, giving to a friend - I think that depends more on what that price point is vs what you can sell it for. It might be worth just asking that circle if anyone is interested, and see if they might make you any offer, and then evaluate that compared to what you might actually get (taking into account there may be extra hassle selling it to an unknown person)

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Sure looks like a 22124 (if the Bies fence is original). If so, made by Orion (also made Steel City cabinet saws) and if i recall correctly has cabinet mounted trunnions. Might be hard to overcome the brand, but that saw had a pretty good rep back in the day. Much as i'd like to step up to a cabinet saw with 3 HP--this one would tempt me at $500 with the fence and no miter gauge. Nice saw and looks well kept Brian!!
    That's the model and the fence is original and they are cabinet mounted trunions. Thanks. Brian
    Brian

I had one of those for years and it's a great saw. It's a hybrid cabinet saw with cabinet mounted trunions and a 120v 1.75 hp motor. Had absolutely no complaints with it. Only reason I moved it on to my son was a good bonus from work and wanted the safety features of a sawstop.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski