Thread: Looking for ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What’s a micro pin?

(I'm thinking micro pin = 23 ga.)

Anyhow - I got it about the lock miter and not wanting to change dimensions.

I did a little looking about prefinished plywood and it looks like it can be painted, just so long as it gets scuff sanded first.
    If it can be painted, then it can be glued.

I kept looking and it looks like some people have had success using Roo Glue.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    What’s a micro pin?
    23 gage pin nailer

-----

Pre-finished ply often has a factory applied polyester finish on it so PVA type glues are not going to work at all without removal or "substantial" abrasion. You might get away with polyurethane glue or epoxy, but abrasion will still be a good idea, if not actually required.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Lock miter 2 sizes of ply strips you can make this 4' long or whatever you feel comfortable with working. Then glue and pin nail then chop to your length. The box will be plenty strong. Then screw from the bottom of your floor piece into the box.

George, ganging them as you suggest is a very good idea. Wish I’d thought of that before I cut all the individual parts!

Notably, I did gang two other small parts for this grand design:

1) 1/4 x 1/4 x 3/8 buttons glued to an 1/8” thick 1/4 x 1” base. I needed 16 of these little guys, so I made one long strip and crosscut them 1/4” wide.

2) a 3” long (wide, really) maple hook made of a 3/8” bar glued to the 3/8 x 3/4” hook piece. Again, I glued two 14” long strips and crosscut them into eight 3” parts.

Now Kent is really curious!