Thread: MRI Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    George sounds like their is a poltergeist in your room or your family might be trying to kill you and collect the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    George sounds like their is a poltergeist in your room or your family might be trying to kill you and collect the insurance.
    I dont think they want me dead just to suffer.

Very informative Ken. Unfortunately when I had an MRI a couple years ago when I was going through prostate cancer I didn't get asked anything about metal working. No problems so I guess I didn't have any fragments. My question is if titanium implants cause any problems? Nowadays most orthopedic hardware I'm familiar with is titanium rather than stainless steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Dozier View Post
    Very informative Ken. Unfortunately when I had an MRI a couple years ago when I was going through prostate cancer I didn't get asked anything about metal working. No problems so I guess I didn't have any fragments. My question is if titanium implants cause any problems? Nowadays most orthopedic hardware I'm familiar with is titanium rather than stainless steel.
    If Titanium were a problem I'd have been plastered to the Simon Med 3T magnet a long time ago.
    I have Titanium in my back and neck.
    Titanium is a non-ferrous metal.... a magnetic field will have no effect on it.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”