Foam brushes are aptly named.

I'm not familiar with this particular product, but applied many, many gallons of various waterborne finishes in my former life as a painting contractor. You can't play with them. Three brush strokes--one to put it on heavy, one to put it where you want it, one to tip it off. Don't try to "work it in." Over-brushing just works air into the wet film. Waterborne products, especially the thicker, heavier ones, need to go on a bit heavy to properly flow out and level. Also, don't wipe the sides of your brush bristles on the rim of the container you're using--that forces air into the bristles and doesn't give you much product to put on. Instead, dip the brush 1/2" or so into the product, then tap the ends of the bristles on the side of the container. This spreads the bristles out so they hold more product by surface tension between the bristles, and keeps the product near the end of the bristles where you need it. This technique works for paint, too. Most people I see painting/finishing with a brush scrape almost all the product out of the brush on the rim of their container, keeping the bristles in a pointy wedge, which means they don't put enough product on, then overwork it trying to get it out of the brush.

I'm not saying you do or don't do these things--I've never seen you work--but I'm going off the averages, and sharing what has worked for me for years.